Parent & Student
School Student Handbook contains a wealth of information such as the current year's school calendar, counselling services, computer use, fees, student behaviour guidelines and much more.
If you have any questions, speak with a staff member who will gladly assist you. We want you to have an enjoyable and successful learning experience while you attend our school.
Student Dress Code
We believe that proper dress for staff and students help to create a positive and safe Catholic learning environment consistent with the mission and values of Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools.
All staff and students are required to adhere to reasonable and respectable standards in dressing and grooming for a focused working and learning environment. The idea is that there are certain clothes that are appropriate for the classroom, and certain clothes that are not. Holy Family School has a dress code that reflects the principles of modesty.
Principles of Modesty
All staff and student attire must be in keeping with our Catholic teachings and beliefs, and reflect principles of modesty and shall not include the following:
- short shorts/skirts, bare midriffs, halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, etc.
- Shirts must cover the shoulder and the back is not exposed and must have a modest neckline
- Shirts must be long enough that they can be tucked in (no midriff showing)
- Shorts and skirts must have enough length to have the bottom hem or skirt slit reached by the student’s fingers when arms are resting by their sides
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time; top or bottom
- accessories such as spiked bracelets/necklaces or any externals not in keeping with the spirit.
- language and/or representation on attire that indicates discrimination, hatred or violence, profanity or obscene gestures or the use of alcohol or drugs or slogans that are not deemed inappropriate for a Catholic School
- headgear of any kind during the school day; should be removed once inside the building i.e. hats, hoods, bandanas, visors, etc.
This code applies to all school functions.
Students may be asked to change or call home for a change of clothes so as to comply with the school expectations for modesty, respect and appropriate dress.