The council is instrumental in supporting various services and fundraising activities. The funds are used for the purchase of extra items and services, which increase the quality of school life and are not possible through the regular school budget. The School Council forms numerous committees which provide specialized service.
All parents are welcome to make suggestions to the council and to get involved in any of the project committees.
The model we have adopted in keeping with the provincial mandate for Alberta schools is a town hall model. With this model, all parents are invited to be part of the council. There is an executive comprised of a chairperson, vice-chairperson, treasurer, faith representative, social justice coordinator, and a secretary.
The council provides an advisory function to the principal and staff on matters of school operation and also provides opportunities for family activities throughout the year.
The model encourages the formation of many small special project activities to implement various activities throughout the year. Our objective is to involve a great many parents, for a shorter commitment of time.
Any parents wanting to become involved to enhance the school's culture are invited to attend the monthly meetings. It is a great opportunity for any parent to be involved as ambassadors of our school!
All information regarding agendas, meetings, and opportunities for involvement are posted on Social Media, or School Website and/or via email. Parents are encouraged to check those platforms regularly for information about School Council activities.
School Council Representatives
- Melanie Wagner, Chairperson
- Amy Holden, Vice-Chairperson
- Sarah Mack, Secretary
- Jenny Nelson, Treasurer
- Melanie Wagner, Volunteer Program
- Jenny Nelson and Sarah Mack, Hot Lunch Coordinator
- Rori-Lynn Daniel, Administrative Team Principal
- Melissa Meyer, Administrative Team Vice-Principal
- Betna Huddleston, Teacher Representative
School Council Documents
NEXT MEETING is Monday, November 25 at 6:00 p.m.
- Principal's Report 01/27/2020
- Principal's Report 11/25/2019
- Principal's Report 10/28/2019
- Principal's Report 09/30/2019
- Principal's Report 09/12/2019
School Council Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Minutes 11/25/2019
- Meeting Minutes 09/30/2019
- Meeting Minutes 09/12/2019
- AGM 09/12/2019
- Meeting Minutes 06/19/2019