The council is instrumental in supporting various services and fundraising activities. The funds are used for the purchase of extra items and services, which increase the quality of school life and are not possible through the regular school budget. The School Council forms numerous committees which provide specialized service.
All parents are welcome to make suggestions to the council and to get involved in any of the project committees.
The model we have adopted in keeping with the provincial mandate for Alberta schools is a town hall model. With this model, all parents are invited to be part of the council. There is an executive comprised of a chairperson, vice-chairperson, treasurer, faith representative, social justice coordinator, and a secretary.
The council provides an advisory function to the principal and staff on matters of school operation and also provides opportunities for family activities throughout the year.
The model encourages the formation of many small special project activities to implement various activities throughout the year. Our objective is to involve a great many parents, for a shorter commitment of time.
Any parents wanting to become involved to enhance the school's culture are invited to attend the monthly meetings. It is a great opportunity for any parent to be involved as ambassadors of our school!
All information regarding agendas, meetings, and opportunities for involvement are posted on Social Media, or School Website and/or via email. Parents are encouraged to check those platforms regularly for information about School Council activities.
School Council Representatives
- Melanie Wagner, Chairperson
- Amy Holden, Vice-Chairperson
- Heather McPherson, Secretary
- Heather Bettenson, Treasurer
- Shayla Fuchs, Volunteer Program
- Heather Bettenson and Krista Stang, Hot Lunch Coordinator
- Rori-Lynn Daniel, Administrative Team Principal
- Stacey Martz, Administrative Team Vice-Principal
School Council Documents
NEXT MEETING is Monday, October 19 at 7:00 p.m.
- Principal's Report 09/14/2020
- Principal's Report 05/25/2020
- Principal's Report 03/09/2020
- Principal's Report 01/27/2020
- Principal's Report 11/25/2019
- Principal's Report 10/28/2019
- Principal's Report 09/30/2019
- Principal's Report 09/12/2019
School Council Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Minutes 05/25/2020
- Meeting Minutes 03/09/2020
- Meeting Minutes 01/27/2020
- Meeting Minutes 11/25/2019
- Meeting Minutes 09/30/2019
- Meeting Minutes 09/12/2019
- AGM 09/12/2019
- Meeting Minutes 06/19/2019